Date(s) - 20 Mar, 2019 - 21 Mar, 2019
Holiday Inn Hotel
*Please note this course has been approved by the CAAA. Members who fully complete the course and are awarded certification will be able to claim 12 CEUs.
For a full list of course dates and locations, visit listromtrainingandconsulting.com
MHFA is a nationally recognized two-day workshop involving twelve hours of instruction. To obtain certification through the Mental Health Commission of Canada, participants must attend all 12 hours.
The topics covered in this workshop include:
- Substance-Related disorders – Including Crisis Response for an overdose.
- Mood-Related disorders – Including Crisis Response for suicidal behaviour.
- Anxiety-Related disorders – Including Crisis Response for a panic attack.
- Trauma-Related disorders – Including Crisis Response for acute stress reaction.
- Psychotic disorders – Including Crisis Response for a psychotic episode.
MHFA is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing the worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Just like physical first aid is provided until medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate support is found or until the crisis is resolved.
More information in this Word Doc and registration in the PDF below: